the THIRD Annual Margaretpalooza

Lilypie

Monday, June 25, 2012

22 Months

Never did I ever imagine how your imitation of my speech could impact me.

Today was a big day for you. You said "doggie," hissed like snake and tried to repeat a WHOLE phrase!

We went to the zoo for their members only night. You were SO EXCITED to go. We went right for the train because the line for that tends to get very long. Your excitement tapered off when I tried to sit you across from me rather than on my lap. You spent the entire ride saying "weee" and "wow," which I've come to expect; when we got off I said "Say thanks for the ride!" To which you replied, "Say fo da diiiiie." I wanted to scream and cry, I was so happy!

I feel like I'm watching you roll over again for the first time.

Holding my breath, every muscle in my body tight with anticipation- waiting. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about your progress. It's amazing to me to think that not even three months ago I could only make out 10 words and phrases. When I ask you to get in to your seat or even spit out a crayon- you do it! Three months ago you would have just gone on with whatever it was you were doing, as if I hadn't even said anything.

You're understanding me and I'm understanding you.

Awesome doesn't even come close.

No comments:

Post a Comment