the THIRD Annual Margaretpalooza

Lilypie

Thursday, July 7, 2011

This is what they call, strong willed.

We'll blame it on that little bit of Livernois, because after all, there are fewer of them around to contest. You've clearly had your own agenda from the very beginning. You don't seem to have it written down though and most importantly, it changes frequently and often.

While all babies develop at their own pace and in their own time, you embody this in the most fantastic of ways. While I was pregnant, at the end I would have contractions that were 5min apart and lasting for about a minute. My doctors use the 5-1-1 rule; which is 5mins apart, 1min duration for 1h. They would only ever run for a maximum of 50min. It felt like you were mocking me silently. You showed me that you knew how to go, but you weren't done at the party yet. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed.

When you were learning to roll over you'd get your torso turned but your hips and legs would be stuck. Almost as if your diaper was too heavy and you couldn't possibly move it. This went on for over a month, until one day you rolled. You rolled like you'd been doing it for years. Sometimes you'd catch me watching you and flash a proud smile. But those weren't terribly often.

Learning to crawl was terrible on everyone. You were so frustrated, you wanted to move. You were in the big baby room at daycare; so you saw all of them moving. You tried so tirelessly to figure out how to get everything to do what you wanted. You'd move a few feet and then plant your face in the floor to have a good cry. I think you wanted to cross the room in seconds and you couldn't figure out why you were still staring at the same old toys.

Once you learned to pull your self up cruising along furniture came within a day.

But walking? It's taking forever. You take somewhere between 2 and 6 independent steps a day. Some days you look so proud and amazed, other days you look down right terrified. You've been doing it for well over a month and you still insist on holding 2 hands when walking. If you're only given one hand to hold you get, mad. I'm not sure what the hang up is. But I know you'll get there in time. And I'll be watching with a happy heart the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment