the THIRD Annual Margaretpalooza

Lilypie

Thursday, September 23, 2010

One Month

Today was your 4 week check up. You're in the 95th%ile for Head, Height and Weight. There was a HUGE jump on the Weight Curve. Which didn't really surprise me, since you'd been taking 3-6oz every 2-3 hours. Eat that much food with a lazy life style and you're bound to see some poundage. You went from 7lb 11oz at birth, to 8lb 8oz at 1 week and then 11lb 7oz at 4 weeks.

Margaret can:
  • hold up her head
  • smile!
  • do push-ups
  • support weight on her legs
  • follow objects
  • grasp and hold
  • coo
We had a bit of a scare yesterday, Similac issued a voluntary recall of 5 million cans of powdered formula. The formula may or may not have been contaminated- I'll leave it at that. The formula that was contaminated was said to cause infants GI distress/discomfort and potentially result in a refusal to eat. Well, you had tummy troubles starting your second and third day home- they never seemed to let up. As I sat entering the lot numbers off of our cans I found out that every one of the SIX! that we had was in the recall. I started to wonder if that was the cause of all our problems. While I know that it's common for babies to be gassy and spit up- I was a heck of a lot calmer knowing that I could eliminate the formula as a potential cause just by switching formula... again. Since we'd changed it three time within your 4 short weeks here I decided to just stick with the kind you were on now but get the liquid instead of the powder.

Twelve hours after the first bottle of the liquid formula it was like I had a different baby. There was no inexplicable screaming, no burps stuck in your tiny belly, and something I'm sure everyone was worried about- normal diapers.

It's been an interesting and exciting month, who knows what next month will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment